Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS

Sunday, November 20, 2011
Posted by ZOMT

Double Choc Chip Nana Muffins 03

I was very excited to receive a large red box of chocolate from Cadbury Kitchen a few weeks ago. When I was contacted by them asking if I would like to review and create something with their new range of Real Chocolate Cooking range, it only seemed polite to say yes!


I have two more recipes to test out the Cadbury chocolate range, and I still have some left over. Because I made these muffins quite quickly during the week, I don't have a lot of photos of them and will be providing some more information on the Cadbury range in the next two recipes, so stay tuned. I was particularly impressed with the baking chips which held their shape very well. 

When this huge box arrived, it was slightly disappointing because as it happened I had just had to cut sugar totally from my diet for 3 months due to health reasons (you can read more here if you like) so I realised that I wasn't going to be able to taste a single piece of that beautiful chocolate. Luckily, John has been more than happy to taste test for me as were my work colleagues with these muffins that I made for our team meeting last week. Everybody said that the variety of chocolate were perfect in these banana muffins, adding just that little extra yumminess to a banana muffin!

Double Choc Chip Nana Muffins 02

Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
(adapted from Nigella's recipe)

Ingredients
250g wholemeal flour
75g organic butter
100g brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
2 bananas
125ml milk (or non-dairy substitute)
100g Cadbury Milk Chocolate Block, chopped
3/4 cup Cadbury White Baking Chips
1/2 cup Cabbury Dark Baking Chips
Optional: Cadbury White & Dark Melts to top

Method
Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degree Celsius. Grease/line a 12 muffin tray.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and stir in the sugar. In another bowl add softened butter, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla essence. Mix well until combined.
Next add the wet ingredients to the dry, slowly add the milk and mix well. Fold through the chocolate chunks and chips. Top with chocolate melts if so desired.
Spoon into muffins cases and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.

Double Choc Chip Nana Muffins 04

2 comments:

Spencer said...

Looks delicious! I love Muffins so I reckon this recipe should be awesome!

ZOMT said...

Thanks Spencer! Everyone keeps asking me to make more :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails