Hello! Thanks so much for visiting ZOMTBAKES.

I no longer post here, but share lots of delicious (and nourishing) recipes over at my new website ZOMT.

Please come join the scrumptious + healthy party!


Check out ZOMT + get your free eBook




DOTTY BLONDIES

Thursday, November 24, 2011
Posted by ZOMT

choc blondie 01

Thanks to the lovely people at Cadbury Kitchen, I have had a large box of chocolate hanging around the kitchen that they very kindly sent to me to review. It included the new range of white chocolate which is something I don't normally bake with, being more of a dark chocolate fan. I am also a little scared of white chocolate because it can be so much more temperamental than milk or dark! However, the new Cadbury range proved to be very easy to use and I even cheated and was able to just melt it in the microwave - super quick and simple. It melted to a very smooth consistency and John has told me that this blondie was rich and delicious.


The new Cadbury Baking range of white chocolate includes a baking block, baking chips and melts. I managed to use all three in this recipe...so this is a pretty rich little blondie despite its fun dotty appearance. I couldn't resist adding some dark chocolate for a bit of contrast to this and I'm always a sucker for anything dotty so the white chocolate chips just made sense.

choc blondie 02

I've never baked a blondie made with white chocolate. Normally I use a basic butter and sugar recipe so I am curious to try this next year...yes I did say next year. I'm sugar free for 3 months so haven't even dipped a finger in the batter, let alone tried the finished product. But I have frozen the remainder of this dotty blondie, however John did just tuck into a piece which he said was perfectly tasty after defrosting for about 15 minutes. So I can say it also freezes well. Now I just have to try and save a piece until next year! The irony of receiving a box of chocolate a week into a sugar free diet. 

choc blondie 06

Dotty Blondies

Ingredients
200g Cadbury Baking Block in white chocolate
100g Cadbury Melts in white chocolate
1/2 cup Cadbury Baking Chips in white chocolate
125g organic butter
2 large eggs
1/3 cup organic caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups organic white spelt flour
3/4 tsp pink sea salt
Optional: Cadbury Baking Block in dark chocolate block & extra Baking Chips in white chocolate

Method
Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a 9 inch round cake pan with baking paper.
Melt the white chocolate block, chocolate melts and butter in the microwave, 15 seconds at a time, stirring as you go. When you see small chunks, stop microwaving and stir until smooth. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until frothy. Slowly add the sugar as you continue to beat. Then add in the vanilla, and the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Gently fold in the flour, salt and 1/2 cup chocolate chips until well combined.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Careful not to over bake, the middle may be a little gooey but it will set as it cools.
When totally cool, melt the dark chocolate and spread in the center then place extra white chocolate baking chips to create the 'dotty' pattern!

choc blondie 04

choc blondie 03

choc blondie 05

1 comments:

ZOMT said...

Thanks Jo, I've done just that! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails